Wine tours Valparaíso was set up in 2007 by British expat Michael Ayandokun who arrived in Chile during 2001 on a university interchange programme from the London Metropolitan University.
After completing his university degree in Latina American studies and Humanities IT in 2003 he returned to Chile to marry his Chilean girlfriend and after doing various jobs in IT he turned his attention to ski trips and wine tours in the Casablanca valley.
Michael went on to complete his level 1 sommelier certificate in 2009 and extended his winetour parameters to Maipo, Colchagua and the Aconcagua valleys.
The overall concept of Wine tours Valparaíso is to provide a personal, friendly and made to measure service for lovers of wine, who may or may not have an in depth knowledge of Chilean wines.
Wine tours Valparaíso also goes to great lengths in encouraging tourists to stay in the magical world heritage city of Valparaíso for more than a few days and use it as a base to visit the surrounding area.
Terms & Conditions
Here is a list of our terms and conditions.
- All prices are listed on our website in Chilean pesos and prices in USD will be quoted on request by up to date Forex indicators.
- Payment is either full in advance by credit card via paypal in $USD with a 7% paypal usage charge or in cash in Chilean pesos on the morning of the tour to be paid to your guide and confirmed with an advance $USD100 deposit by credit card via paypal with a 7% paypal usage charge.
- If we do not receive 48 hours notice for a tour cancellation we will not return the $USD100 deposit. If you have paid full in advance and do not give 48 hours for a tour cancellation we will return the amount you paid minus $USD100. In the case of a natural disaster i.e. an earthquake we will return full amounts.
- Itineraries and prices maybe subject to change due to unforeseen events or policy changes at vineyards and restaurants.
- All of our transport are registered with the Chilean Ministry of transport and have full insurance cover for our clients.
A few videos
Here are a few videos of Michael from Wine Tours Valparaiso doing his thing for the YouTube channel Chilebeat.